- Human Rights
- Get Involved
About the WSO
The World Sikh Organization of Canada (WSO) is a non-profit organization with a mandate to promote and protect the interests of Canadian Sikhs as well as to promote and advocate for the protection of human rights for all individuals, irrespective of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, and social and economic status.
Primary National Objectives
The WSO of Canada was registered with the Government of Canada as a non-profit organization, under the name World Sikh Organization of Canada, and has the following primary national objectives:
- to foster understanding and good will towards all nations, creeds, persuasions and faiths;
- to act as a representative body and spokes-body of the Sikhs of Canada and help resolve differences amongst members and member organizations;
- to liaise with government and non-government agencies and to apprise them of the interests of the Sikhs;
- to encourage, develop and maintain close relationships with similar and like-minded organizations throughout Canada;
- to do all such things not inconsistent with the doctrines and ethics of Sikhism and the law of the land as are conducive to the attainment of the objectives of the World Sikh Organization of Canada.
For more details please see our brochure or: